Privacy Notice Privacy Notice
What we need
When you provide information about yourself for events, courses, workshops or other opportunities, we will ask you for the following information:
Contact details including name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth
Details of your role in sport, e.g. coach, athlete, volunteer, official, parent, support staff;
Equality information including age, disability or medical condition,
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect personal information in order to manage attendance and participation. We will use this information to:
Provide you with services such as training or activities;
Administer your attendance;
Process awards and qualifications
Send you communications in relation to opportunities we think may interest you.
We also process personal information in order to:
· Send communications about forthcoming opportunities. Our events may be photographed or filmed and information captured in this way may be used for promotional and education purposes. You will always be given the option to refuse this;
· Monitor engagement and participation in the opportunities we offer and, on occasion, inviting participants to take part in surveys for research and development purposes;
· Develop and maintain qualifications and awards, including sending communications to inform you of forthcoming courses, renewal requirements.
· Respond to and communicate with participants regarding questions, comments, support needs or complaints.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for these purposes. If you wish to object to any of these, please contact Active Advantage on 07969 751 470, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other uses of personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. If so, we will provide you with additional information on how we will use your information.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos we take, we may share this with event or project partners or governing bodies for promotional purposes.
We may be required to share your personal details with awarding bodies such as sportscotland and the SQA to enable certificates to be generated for you.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory organisations, such as Disclosure Scotland or Police Scotland.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors in order to take advice.
Where we share personal information with third parties, we will only share the personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and will take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
We may employ contractors to process personal information. Such contractors are subject to written contracts to only process that information under our instructions, to process and to abide by the restrictions of existing legislation on data protection.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary or for as long as we believe you to maintain an interest in disability sport.
We will keep certain personal information for longer in order to confirm your identify.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting Active Advantage on 07969751470, email email@example.com
· The right to request access to the personal information we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
· The right to have personal information corrected or completed;
· The right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
· The right to request us to delete your personal information.
Any requests received by Active Advantage will be considered under data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.